Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mini vacay to Destin, Florida


So the hubs and I took a quick weekend trip down to Sandestin, Florida this past weekend. We left Friday evening after work. It normally takes us about 2 hours to get to Destin fgrom our home. The trip there was a little longer than expected. We ran into a little car trouble but with a little oil and power steering fluid we were back on the road in no time. We finally arrived at 9:00pm!  We stayed at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. Check in was at The Grand Complex. It was beautiful and a quick and easy check in. They have a lot of properties to choose from but since it was just a quick getaway we opted for the budget friendly, Le Ciel, a Boutique Hotel.  We had a comfortable king size suite with a kitchenette. It was just perfect for us. We were so close to the bay when you looked out the glass doors you felt like you were on a cruise ship! We watched the mullet jump all day! The pool was awesome! It was huge and right on the water. So peaceful and relaxing! Here are some pics of the property and our room.









We visited The Village of Baytowne Wharf that is on the property. It is full of restaurants, shops, activities and is just a neat little place to walk around and sight-see. I highly recommend eating at Another Broken Egg Cafe for breakfast or brunch. It is so delish and they have the best coffee! We ate there Saturday morning. I had pecan pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and city grits. Chad had the same but got the french toast instead of pancakes. It was made from sweet Hawaiian bread and had powdered sugar sprinkled on top! If you decide to visit make sure you order the City Grits! They are smoked Gouda cheese grits topped with bacon, green onions and tomatoes. I wish I had some right now!  





We also went to Poppy's Seafood for dinner. It was a bit pricey but luckily I had a 25.00 off 50.00 gift certificate from Restaurants.com so that helped. Chad ordered 1/2 dozen raw oysters for a starter. He said they were good but I don't eat them. For dinner I had the snow crab legs it came with red potatoes and corn but I subbed my corn for the fire roasted veggies witch consisted of squash, zucchini, carrots and red bell peppers. It was very good. Chad ordered the Rib-eye and it was served with garlic red potatoes and the fire roasted veggies too. Yum! 















After dinner we walked around Baytowne Wharf and tried out the Bushwhackers at Fat Tuesday's and Rum Runners. I think Rum Runners had the best one although neither were that great. Rum Runners was a neat bar/Restaurant. They had dueling pianos. The guys could sing just about anything you requested. The next morning we got up, checked out and headed out to breakfast. We were going to try out The Donut Hole but it had a line wrapped around the building. We passed a little place ont he way called The Pancakery so we turned around and we back there.
    It was awesome! 



We headed to the Jettys to snorkle before heading home. I'm not sure that many people know you can just drive to the Jetty's. You dont have to pay $30.00 per person to take a 1 hour snorkel tour. You just take Gulf Shore Drive to O'Steen Public Beach Access. The parking is limited and parallel. Chad had to park for us because I stink at parallel parking! There are no bathrooms either but there is a shower to rinse off. It's well worth it though. We just bought a snorkel set from walmart and stayed as long as we wanted too! I could stay out there all day!  The jetty's are beautiful and the water is calm. Perfect for snorkleing. We saw so many fish and crabs. We have been to Destin many many times and it's always beautiful but this time the water was so perfect I felt like we were in the Bahamas! It was amazing! I was sad to leave Destin. We love it there. I cant wait to go back!

O Steen (1).jpg



 

All in all I'd say it was the perfect little get away we needed!! I cant wait for our next vacation! I love the beach but the mountains are calling my name!  Maybe Thanksgiving in Gatlinburg? I think so! Have you ever visited Destin?

Keep daydreaming,
Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave me one! :)